PR and Communications Manager, Regeneration Team (Full Time)
About White Label
White Label Creative is an award-winning marketing and events agency known for delivering high quality communications solutions. With a team of 20 specialists, White Label offers truly integrated marketing, graphic design, brand management, digital, PR and events programmes, built around our clients' needs.
White Label is a multi-discipline events, marketing and creative agency with a strong record in forming private and public sector partnerships to support our exciting programme of business awards, exhibitions, conferences, regeneration and local authority work. With a growing team of over 20 specialists – highly-skilled in graphic design, brand management, website delivery, PR and events programmes – we deliver a truly integrated marketing service. There are ambitious plans for growth, with the ongoing development across our portfolio, making this is a very exciting time to join the team.
The Regen Team
As a marketing an events agency, White Label specialises in working with the regeneration, built environment and property industries. We run a number of inward investment initiatives and place marketing campaigns for numerous local authorities, LEPs and BIDs, providing events, information and resources to advance and promote development and economic renewal.
Alongside our core services, we also support our private-sector clients with meanwhile use programmes, public consultations, topping-out ceremonies and building launches.
The Regen Team leads on all projects related to the property sector, place promotion and regeneration. We work with some of the leading businesses in the industry, communicating ideas, positioning brands, attracting investment and bringing places to life.
The PR and Communications Manager will be responsible for supporting the regeneration team writing and coordinating PR and communications content for client accounts and around the production of a variety of White Label projects/ events.
Content will include print, online and social media and the successful applicant will need to be capable of running campaigns for multiple projects at one time. They will draw up communications plans in liaison with internal teams and take responsibility for elements of account management. Further, they will have the ability to build valuable relationships with local, regional and trade press – particularly at industry events e.g. LREF, MIPIM UK and MIPIM Cannes.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, pro-active and ambitious new team member who has a keen interest in the property sector, place and regeneration.
They will need excellent communication skills, be organised and able to delegate work to other PR staff within the company, and enjoy working as part of a team.
Reports to: Head of Regeneration Marketing
- excellent writing, editing and proof-reading skills with the ability to produce interesting content with a quick turn around and to present ideas verbally
- excellent organisational skills enabling them to work across multiple projects in liaison with internal departments to tight deadlines
- an interest in property, regeneration, development, place promotion and the built environment
- research skills with the ability to quickly grasp new project aims
- strong communication, able to interact with senior contacts and be client-facing
- ability to form relationships with relevant press contacts, ideally already possessing a solid industry contact list
- pro-active and creative attitude
- attention to detail
- enthusiasm to work as part of a team as well as be self-motivated
- problem-solving, diplomacy and negotiation skills
- flexible and adaptable approach, with a willingness to provide support
- reliable, demonstrating commitment to the role
- A quick learner, comfortable with taking on new processes, responsibilities and areas of knowledge
The candidate will be working across the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. The role of PR and Communications Manager will be hands-on and often involve working as part of the wider White Label team. They must work well under pressure, ensuring the smooth and efficient running of programmes and events under the supervision of the partnerships and events manager.
Salary: £26K - £36K
Duties may include:
- plan, develop and deliver integrated PR and communications strategy for White Label regeneration projects/clients, including writing UK press releases for local, national and trade media and obtaining approval for relevant parties
- updating news feeds on regeneration websites and relevant social media channels
- maintaining strong client relationships
- delegating PR and content writing
- following industry trends in trade press and updating teams accordingly
- networking with press contacts and maintaining press database
- tracking planning status of relevant schemes
- supporting the regen team with research, editorial delivery and speaker liaison for conferences where required
- forming positive relationships with key clients
- liaising with marketing, events, web and design colleagues on the promotion of projects to ensure coherent key messages
- managing the production of PR reports and press packs
- sourcing and filing press cuttings via junior team member
- circulating features lists and proactively pitching ideas to clients, maximising opportunities for positive PR
- proof-reading press releases and regen content to ensure final sign off and accuracy ensuring all communications are produced to a consistently high standard
- devising and coordinating photo opportunities at events with photographer/ videographer
Office details and conditions
- Working hours can be regular between projects but, due to the nature of the role you will be required to work additional and unsocial hours
- White Label staff are mainly office based but will travel to visit clients, partners, sponsors, venues and other suppliers. The successful candidate may need to work indoors, outdoors and in all weather conditions at specific events
Ideally the successful candidate will hold a recognised NCTJ qualification or equivalent and be experienced in using a variety of content management and client management software. Knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop is an advantage.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees in this role. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications/experience required by employees assigned to the role. These may therefore be subject to future amendments following appropriate consultation.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to
Application deadline: Friday 1st March, 17:00hrs